Leave Your Immigration Worries In Our Hands

  1. Home
  2.  » Religious Visas

Visas For Religious Workers

Ministers and other religious workers who wish to come to the United States with their families to pursue their profession may qualify for an R visa. This is a specialty temporary visa for religious workers. To get approval for an R visa to come to California, you need counsel from an experienced immigration attorney.

The Yemi Getachew Immigration Law Office, P.C., can help you gain legal status to lead parishioners or otherwise further your spiritual calling. Our attorneys have extensive experience helping clients obtain a wide range of visas, including visas for religious workers and their families. We will guide you through each step of the process to help get you approved in as little time as possible.

Qualifying For An R-1 Religious Visa

To qualify for an R-1 visa, which gives you the right to do religious work in the U.S. for up to 30 months, you must be a member of a religious denomination that has a bona fide nonprofit organization that has operated in the U.S. for at least the last two years. We will help you show that your denomination qualifies you for an R-1 visa. People holding R-1 status can file for one 30-month extension, for a total of 60 months in the U.S.

Assistance For Families Of Religious Workers

Spouses and children of religious workers may join them on an R-2 visa. Our lawyers will work diligently to keep your family together while you are acting as a religious minister in this country. We will make sure your applications are complete and filed in a timely manner.

Instead of struggling with the complicated U.S. immigration system, invest in a skilled lawyer for help. We will help you avoid costly surprises and delays.

Schedule A Confidential Consultation With Us Today

Call 408-292-7995 to reach an immigration lawyer, or send us an email. The Yemi Getachew Immigration Law Office, P.C., is located in San Jose, California.