Paring Immigration Lawyers Who Understand You
Since 1996, the knowledgeable team at Getachew & Ansari Immigration Attorneys, P.C., has helped thousands of individuals and families in California successfully overcome immigration obstacles. We are proud of what our team and our clients accomplish together. Learn more about our team members and their experience by reading their backgrounds below:
- Yemi Getachew (1966-2022), Founder
- Medya Ansari (Partner)
- Helen Tessema (Office Manager)
- Rudy Esquibel (Office Assistant)
Our founder, Yemi Getachew (1966-2022), immigrated to the United States herself. Going through this process gave her a passion for helping people in similar situations. We understand your hopes and fears. Let us find a solution for your case.
A Team With Diverse Experience And Passion
We compassionately assist clients who are:
- Seeking asylum to flee persecution from their native countries
- Pursuing student visas or seeking temporary or permanent employment opportunities
- Fighting to remain in the United States after being placed in deportation proceedings
- Facing a petition as relatives of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents (green card holders)
- Working toward citizenship and naturalization
In our community, we have built a reputation as fighters for our clients. Through assisting clients from different countries all around the world including Africa, the Middle East, Central and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, we have become familiar with the nuances and sensitivity required in each case.
What To Expect At Your First Meeting
Before we begin each case, the friendly staff at Getachew & Ansari Immigration Attorneys, P.C., sets up an in-depth consultation. At this meeting, one of our San Jose immigration attorneys will take the time to talk to you, listen to your needs and review your documents. Once we understand your case, we will answer all your questions and explain the best available options to you. We believe that providing accurate information in a clear way is the first step to a successful outcome. We charge a consultation fee of $260 that will be credited upon retainer.